Novell Open Enterprise Server 2: Advanced Services and Troubleshooting (Advanced Technical Training) [Course 9350]
How well are you utilizing the services that come with Novell Open Enterprise Server 2?
Novell Open Enterprise Server 2 is an integral part of your infrastructure but it can also provide critical services for your business as well. From virtualized and online file and print services to scalable storage solutions-- the services provided in Novell Open Enterprise Server 2 can be utilized across all levels of your business to save you both time and money. In this advanced class, you will delve into the finer points of using and troubleshooting the services provided in Novell Open Enterprise Server 2.
Training Level: 4 - Advanced
Duration: 4 Days
During this course, you will learn how to:
- Do advanced migrations such as whole server migrations, service migrations, file system migrations, and NCP server migrations
- Automate deployments by using PXE, AutoYaST, and YaST tools to create control files
- Troubleshoot services, boot, and eDirectory
- Tune performance according to sysctl parameters and NSS tuning guidelines
- Utilize Domain Services for Windows (DSfW) including install methods and authenticating services against DSfW
- Utilize advanced storage technologies such as AFP, DST, Multipath I/O, and DFS Junctioning
- Set up clustering: Volumes, services, iSCSI, BCC
- Recognize and resolve top support issues
- Use XEN virtualization with Novell Open Enterprise Server 2
- Engage in auditing activities
This course is for students interested in learning advanced configuration for and troubleshooting on Novell Open Enterprise Server 2 for Linux in a fast-paced, highly technical training environment.
Before taking this course, you should have experience with Novell Open Enterprise Server 2 and Linux administration. Taking Implementing Novell Open Enterprise Server 2 for Linux (Course 3089) or Deploying Novell Open Enterprise Server 2 for Linux (Course 3090) is highly recommended.
This course covers multiple topics, many of which are listed below:
- Advanced migration techniques for whole server migrations, services migrations, and file system migrations
- Deployment automation using PXE, AutoYaST, and YaST
- Troubleshooting various services, the boot process, and eDirectory integration
- Performance tuning
- eDirectory configuration and maintenance
- Advanced storage using AFP, DST, Mulipath I/O, and advanced DFS junctioning
- Clustering volumes and services
- Top support issues
- XEN virtualization
- Linux auditing
You might also be interested in: