NetIQ Networking and Services [Course 2000]
Ready to learn the basics of NetIQ products and services?
This course enables entry-level networking professionals to perform common administrative tasks using software tools and utilities provided by NetIQ. Learn to install SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 10 and perform tasks often required of employees who provide front line support for medium-sized to large networks. This course introduces you to the networking solutions that make NetIQ a world leader in enterprise infrastructure software.
Training Level: 1 - Novice
Duration: 5 Days
During this course, you will learn to use the features and management utilities in SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 10 and eDirectory 8.8.
- Install SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 10 and the NetIQ Client
- Set up and manage user objects in NetIQ eDirectory
- Manage storage and file services
- Implement file and eDirectory rights
- Manage print services
This course is intended for network administrators and other network management professionals who have little or no experience with NetIQ products and services who are hoping to become familiar with the products and services NetIQ offers. Those pursuing the NetIQ Certified Administrator (NCA) - Enterprise Services certification should also take this course.
Students should have a fundamental knowledge of networking technologies such as those in Fundamentals of Networking (Course 3003 v2) or the CompTIA Network+ Certification.
This course covers a variety of topics, many of which are listed below:
- Introduction to NetIQ networking
- Introduction to SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 10
- Introduction to NetIQ services
- Understanding NetIQ eDirectory
- Configuring eDirectory rights
- Managing users
- Introduction to Novell GroupWise 7
- Understanding networking tools and utilities
- Introduction to Novell ZENworks Configuration Management
- Understanding network security
- Introduction to NetIQ Identiy Manager 3.x
Course Testing Information
For exam objectives and registration, see Objectives - Novell Certified Administrator.
You might also be interested in: