NetIQ Identity Manager 3.6 (Advanced Technical Training) [Course 9001]
Are you efficiently managing your user's identities?
Your business is constantly changing. Your customers, employees, and partners all need instant access to their information. Novell Identity Manager 3.6 delivers swift, secure management of user identities and access rights, lessening your workload. Novell Identity Manager 3.6 automates changes to access rights, passwords, and profiles-- streamlining administration and reducing costs. In this course, you will learn how to configure and implement Novell Identity Manager drivers and policies to enhance your Identity & Access solution by removing the barriers between applications, data stores and network platforms.
Training Level: 4 - Advanced
Duration: 4 Days
During this course, you will learn how to accomplish the following tasks:
- Configure the password management between Novell eDirectory and Active Directory.
- Gain a very thorough understanding of Policy Builder by creating policies used for user provisioning. The class focus will shift from XML and XSLT to Policy Builder.
- Learn how to customize your drivers with Policy Builder.
- Implement tips and tricks for installation, configuration, and customization of Identity Manager drivers with iManager 2.0.X.
- Learn how to implement Entitlements in your environment and work with the Designer application tool.
- Learn how to manage Identity data between systems using real world software.
If you are an IT engineer using Novell Identity Manager as part of your Identity & Access solution, a network security consultant or architect, or an advanced administrator of Novell Identity Manager, then this course will give you in-depth knowledge about working with Novell Identity Manager 3.6. However, you should already know the basics of administering Novell Identity Manger (covered in Course 3091: Novell Identity Manager 3.5 Administration) before attending. ATT courses are not introductory classes.
You should have taken Course 3091: Novell Identity Manager 3.5 Administration or have equivalent knowledge before attending this class. Additionally, knowledge of basic Novell eDirectory architecture and functionality such as Meta Directory Technology and Schema, or an understaning of other directories is very helpful.
ATT - Novell Identity Manager 3.6 focuses on the new features and functionality of Novell Identity Manager 3.6, as well as core product functionality at an advanced level. Many topics will be covered, such as:
- Configuring an Identity Manager 3.6 meta-directory provisioning solution by with Identity Manager Drivers for JDBC, Active Directory, Delimited Text, Work Order, and LoopBack
- Configuring and learning the new password features that are now available with Identity Manager 3.6 such as Password Sync Validation and Password Sync Status
- Learning how to use Designer and iManager as tools for administration and architecture in your Identity Manager solution
- Gaining a thorough understanding of the enhanced Policy Builder by creating policies used for user provisioning (New labs)
- Understanding Xpath and Delimited text in Policy Builder
- Understanding how Jobs and the Work Order driver enhance Identity Manager
- Understanding how Entitlements can be used effectively in Identity Manager
- Utilizing the User Application module new features such as Directory Abstraction Layer, Anonymous User Whitepages, Form Control Enhancements. Theme Customization, and Relationship Chart Enhancements
You might also be interested in: