Migrating a Traditional ZENworks Environment to Novell ZENworks 10 Configuration Management (Novell Technical Training) [Course 8601]
Learn to migrate to Novell ZENworks 10 Configuration Management
Because the Novell ZENworks Configuration Management architecture is radically different from the traditional Novell ZENworks Desktop Management architecture, you cannot perform an in-place upgrade of ZENworks Desktop Management to ZENworks 10 Configuration Management. However, ZENworks 10 Configuration Management provides a set of tools, called the ZENworks Migration Utility, to help you migrate much of the configuration data from previous ZENworks products. In this course, you become familiar with the ZENworks Migration Utility and the process for migrating a traditional ZENworks environment to ZENworks 10 Configuration Management.
Training Level: 3 - Experienced
Duration: 4 Hours
In this course you will learn to:
- run a pre-migration database queries that list objects that might cause problems during migration or might need additional work after migration
- install the ZENworks Migration Utility
- use the utility to migrate the ZENworks Desktop Management objects on the DA-ZDM server to the ZENworks 10 Configuration Management zone (DA-ZONE) on the DA-ZCM server.
- use ZENworks Desktop Management to push out the ZENworks Adaptive Agent.
Consider taking this course if you are a network administrator with fundamental knowledge of ZENworks Desktop Management and ZENworks 10 Configuration Management. who needs to migrate information from ZENworks Desktop Management (v4 - 7) to ZENworks Configuration Management.
You should have a basic understanding of the network and networking. Students should be familiar with ZENworks Desktop Management. In addition, students should be familiar with the fundamentals of an LDAP-compliant Directory service (such as Novell eDirectory or Microsoft Active Directory).
SECTION 1: Perform Pre-Migration Tasks
Objective 1: Set Up ZENworks 10 Configuration Management
Objective 2: Run Reports That Identify Objects to Migrate and Additional Tasks
-- Exercise 1-1: Perform Pre-Migration Tasks
----Task I: Install ODBC Utilities to Run Pre-Migration Reports
----Task II: Run Pre-Migration Reports
SECTION 2: Migrate Data from ZENworks Desktop Management to ZENworks 10 Configuration Management
Objective 1: What You Can Migrate to ZENworks Configuration Management
Objective 2: How to Install the ZENworks Migration Utility
Objective 3: How to Configure the ZENworks Migration Utility
Objective 4: How to Migrate Data Using the ZENworks Migration Utility
-- Exercise 1-2: Migrate Data from the DA-ZDM Server to the DA-ZCM Server
---- Task I: Install and Configure the ZENworks Migration Utility
---- Task II: Migrate and Configure Application Objects
---- Task III: Migrate and Verify Image Objects
---- Task IV: Migrate Policies
---- Task V: Migrate Workstation Objects
---- Task VI: Migrate Associations
SECTION 3: Preform Post-Migration Tasks
Objective 1: Test and Validate the Migration Objects
Objective 2: Deploy the ZENworks Adaptive Agent
-- Exercise 1-3: Deploy the ZENworks Configuration Management Agent
---- Task I: Deploy the ZENworks Configuration Management Agent
SECTION 4: Implement Migration Best Practices
You might also be interested in:
- Configuring and Deploying Patch Management with Novell ZENworks 11 Configuration Management, Novell Technical Training, Course 8517
- Fundamentals of Imaging in Novell ZENworks Configuration Management, Novell Technical Training, Course 8610
- Introduction to Endpoint Security Management in ZENworks 11 Configuration Management, Novell Technical Training, Course 8514