Using NetIQ Access Governance Suite (Novell Technical Training) [Course 8202]
Managing user access is at the core of all Identity & Security solutions. Aligning business processes with IT policies helps assure the right access is granted to those with legitimate business needs. Novell Access Governance Suite bridges the gap between security mandates and each customer's unique business requirements by providing simplified access control along with automated monitoring, reporting and remediation of access privileges. In Using Novell Access Governance Suite, you will learn how to effectively utilize the features of Access Governance Suite to manage the complex compliance and governance requirements of your organization through a combination of lecture and hands-on labs.
Training Level: 3 - Experienced
Duration: 3 Days
During this course, you will learn how to:
- Set up Access Governance Suite for data collection
- Engage in role mining and analysis
- Perform compliance certification reviews (attestation)
- Set up rules
- Understand reporting
Anyone implementing or using Novell Access Governance should take this course. Specific focus will be given to those trying to set up connectors to collect data or driving the data role mining and definitions in their company.
A good understanding of the basic concepts of access, resource, and identity management will be helpful.
This course covers many topics, including:
- setting up identities and unified users
- configuring accounts and account collectors
- mapping accounts to applications
- setting up applications and resources
- understanding entitlements and how they relate to applications and resources
- creating global roles
- setting up role mining
- initializing compliance and certification reviews
- understanding rules and reporting
- integrating identity management into the access governance process
You might also be interested in: