PlateSpin Workload Management Administration [Course 8008]
Could you be managing your data center more effectively?
If you are working in the data center, you need PlateSpin products to help manage your workload. PlateSpin Recon can identify underutilized physical servers and virtual hosts for greater efficiency and significant cost savings. PlateSpin Migrate is a multi-platform workload portability solution that delivers the migration speed and reliability needed to accommodate the world's largest data centers. PlateSpin Protect is a smart enterprise solution for deploying, testing and managing your disaster recovery environment. Together, these products offer an integrated workload management solution that is sure to make managing your data center easier. In PlateSpin Workload Management Administration, you will learn how to install, configure, use, and troubleshoot PlateSpin Recon, PlateSpin Protect, and PlateSpin Migrate.
Training Level: 3 - Experienced
Duration: 2 Days
In this course, you will learn:
- How PlateSpin Recon remotely gathers workload utilization statistics for a clear and concise picture of the application services running in the data center and how their resources are being used
- How PlateSpin Migrate enables hardware independent migrations of server workloads (operating system, applications and data) across x86 server infrastructure and how PlateSpin Protect rapidly recovers whole server workloads including data, applications and operating systems – all from a single point of control
This course is for server administrators responsible for virtualization and disaster recovery in mid- to large-scale corporate data centers and for professionals who consult in data center environments.
Before attending this course, you should be familiar with the following data center technologies and concepts:
- Virtualization with VMware
- Disaster recovery
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003 or later
- Linux server systems
- SQL databases
This course covers many topics, including:
- Understanding why PlateSpin products are needed in the data center
- Using PlateSpin Recon for inventorying and monitoring your servers
- Charting and reporting on servers with PlateSpin Recon
- Using PlateSpin Recon for server consolidation
- Doing server discovery with PlateSpin Migrate
- Using PlateSpin Migrate to configure workload migration
- Doing job execution and server migration with PlateSpin Migrate
- Creating, capturing, and deploying an image with PlateSpin Migrate
- Implementing disaster recovery using PlateSpin Protect
Course Testing Information
This course prepares you to take the Certified Workload Management Administration Exam. (050-724).
For exam objectives and registration, see PlateSpin Workload Management Administration.