SUSE Linux Enterprise 10: Troubleshooting Techniques (Novell Technical Training) [Course 8403]
In this course, you learn a troubleshooting method to analyze, diagnose, and document issues on a SUSE Linux system. You also are given a number of tools needed to perform these functions. The course focuses on giving you hands-on experience running break-fix scripts.
Training Level: 3 - Experienced
Duration: 4 Hours
This course will teach students about Types of Faults, Problem Solving, Troubleshooting tools. System Boot, Startup and Shutdown, Kernel Configuration, and Panic Dump.
This audience for the are administrators with some basic Linux skills and experience, that want to learn better trouble shooting techniques.
This course requires basic command line real world experience in administering a Linus server.
This course is taught in the following sections:
- Objective 01: Types of Faults
- Objective 02: Problem Analysis
- Objective 03: Problem Diagnosis
Section 2: Troubleshooting tools
- Objective 01: File contents tools
- Objective 02: FilesSystem tools
- Objective 03: Network tools
Section 3: System Boot, Startup and Shutdown
- Objective 01: Manage System Initialization
- Objective 02: GRUB
- Objective 03: Manage Run Level
Section 4: Kernel Configuration
- Objective 01: How Device Drivers are Loaded
- Objective 02: Loading Kernel Modules Manually
- Objective 03: The sysfs
Section 5: Panic Dump
- Objective 01: What is a Panic
- Objective 02: Panic Data collection
You might also be interested in: