SUSE Linux Enterprise 11: Advanced Troubleshooting (Advanced Technical Training) [Course 9200]
The techniques for troubleshooting in this class include rapid troubleshooting and disaster recovery using tools openly available to Linux System Administrators. This advanced class covers SUSE Linux Enterprise Servers of any version.
Training Level: 0 - All
Duration: 4 Hours
The attendees will be taught to:
- Learn the most highly-effective troubleshooting technique available to SLES administrators
- High-Speed Differentiation of Configuration Backups
- Learn how to automate configuration backups using scripted methodologies
- Learn how to recover a down system using configuration backups
The audience for this course are SUSE Linux Enterprise Server and SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop administrators.
The attendees need some experience with SUSE Linux.
In this course the student will learn highly effective ATT applied troubleshooting methodologies for SLE 11. This course includes the application of these techniques via an ATT exclusive configuration backup and recovery script: jic.sh.
This course be taught as follows:
- Objective 1: Understand Configuration Backups
Section 2: Configuration Backup Fundamentals
- Objective 01: Understand Backup Components
- Objective 02: Automate Backups
- Objective 03: Understand Differentiation Troubleshooting
- Objective 04: Use Backups for Troubleshooting
- LAB 2-1: Use JIC Backups and Recovery in a Chroot Jail
Section 3: Rapid Recovery
- Objective 01: Understand the SLES Startup Process
- Objective 02: Rescue Boot a Physical Computer
- Objective 03: Use JIC Backups to Recover a Virtual Computer
- LAB 3-1: Use JIC to Quickly Recover a Xen Virtual Machine
You might also be interested in: