Novell Open Enterprise Server 2: Troubleshooting and Top Support Issues (Advanced Technical Training) [Course 9502]
This Novell Open Enterprise Server 2: Troubleshooting and Top Support Issues course focuses on important tips and tricks for optimizing SLES as the underlying OES operating system. It introduces troubleshooting tips and tools that improve product performance. It will also cover troubleshooting tools and methods for OES services, as well as review some of the top support issues that Novell NTS has reported on OES2.
Training Level: 4 - Advanced
Duration: 6 Hours
Identify troubleshooting migration/upgrade issues.
Troubleshoot eDirectory issues.
Troubleshoot Domain Services for Windows (DSfW).
Troubleshoot storage issues.
Troubleshoot Novell Cluster Services (NCS).
Troubleshooting OES2 Services.
Linux Kernel Tuning.
This course is designed for anyone attending the OES ATT class or needing additional training above and beyond the channel offerings.
Before taking this course, you should have experience installing Open Enterprise Server for Linux.
Objective 1: Define troubleshooting.
Objective 2: Identify troubleshooting migration/upgrade issues.
- IPP Error: 0x1007 After Migrating from NW5.1 to OES2SP1
- Certificate Re-creation Script for OES1 and OES2
- iPrint Migration from OES1 to OES2 fails
- iPrint Direct setting on Printer Agents will not migrate from OES1 to OES2 SP1
- Down server upgrade from OES SP2 Linux to OES2 SP1 fails during the eDirectory upgrade
- DHCP Server migration fails when migrating a subnet
Objective 3: Troubleshooting iPrint
- IPP Error: 0x40001 creating or managing iPrint objects
- iPrint stops working after restarting server or restarting iPrint
Objective 4 Troubleshooting eDirectory issues.
- PAM service is excluded for LUM group but users in the group are still able to access the service
- Linux Profile tab missing from Modify User task in iManager
- Prompted to configure eDirectory on OES2 server even through eDirectory is installed and configured namcd cannot connect to LDAP server
- OES2: openSLP DA's do not synchronize with other DA's
- How to set named and novell-named into debug mode
Objective 5: Troubleshooting Domain Services for Windows (DSfW)
- Post installation check
- Unable to access sysvol when using \\domain\sysvol
- How to prevent duplicate domain users in DSfW
- Cleaning up after a failed DSfW install
- Failed to configure XAD
- Getting an LDAP and NMAS dstrace log from a DSfW server
- What ports does DSfW use?
- Important log files for DSfW
- DSfW install fails due to international characters
- Daemons DSfW uses
Objective 6: Troubleshooting storage
- Cross protocol locking with Samba/NCP Server, CIFS, and AFP on OES2 SP1
- Error -672 creating NSS Pool
- How to mount an ISO image as an NSS volume on OES2
- How to configure nss on the boot drive
- How to administer file rights on NSS volumes using ConsoleOne?
- NSS volume deactivates due to 20444 on ZID0
Objective 7: Troubleshooting Novell Cluster Services (NCS)
- Cluster resources go comatose on upgraded OES2 SP1 cluster
Objective 8: Troubleshooting OES2 Services
- How to setup Dynamic DNS (DDNS) on OES2 Linux
- Updates catalog missing after registration of OES2
- Capturing iFolder 3.7 logging information
Objective 9: Linux Kernel Tuning
- Low memory conditions on SUSE
- Speed up multiple SSH connections to the same server
- High Interrupts per second troubleshooting
- High CPU utilization troubleshooting
- High Kernel Load Averages
Objective 10: Linux Debugging
- How to obtain application core dumps
You might also be interested in: