Novell Open Enterprise Server 2: Domain Services for Windows (Advanced Technical Training) [Course 9351]
Can Novell be helping you with your Windows Active Directory?
Novell Domain Services for Windows, a suite of technologies available in Novell Open Enterprise Server 2 SP1, provides cross-authentication capabilities between Microsoft Windows Active Directory and Novell Open Enterprise Server 2 for Linux. Novell Domain Services for Windows can also be configured as a stand-alone Domain Controller, emulating a Windows Active Directory Forest. In Novell Open Enterprise Server 2 SP1: Domain Services for Windows, you will learn how to work with these powerful technologies to create a variety of solutions.
Training Level: 3 - Experienced
Duration: 2 Days
During this course, you will learn how to:
- configure Domain Services for Windows into a stand-alone Domain Controller, emulating a Windows Active Directory Forest
- create cross-forest and cross-domain trust relationships between Active Directory and eDirectory
- manage Group Policy Objects from the Windows XP Workstation utilities as if they were stored in Active Directory
- log in and consume resources from a Windows XP Workstation to eDirectory without a Novell Client
This course is ideal for network professionals who use Windows Active Directory, but need to provide services such as those provided in Novell Open Enterprise Server 2 SP1.
You should be familiar with the Linux command line, have a working knowledge of Novell eDirectory, and be familiar with Windows Active Directory concepts.
This course covers the following topics:
- Understanding what Novell Domain Services for Windows is
- Installing Domain Services for Windows in a new or existing Novell eDirectory tree
- Administering Domain Services for Windows
- Creating a cross forest trust between Active Directory and Domain Services for Windows
- Authenticating applications
- Joining Windows XP workstations to the domain
- Authenticating to Domain Services for Windows with Active Directory credentials
- Troubleshooting Domain Services for Windows
You might also be interested in: