Deploying Novell Open Enterprise Server 2 for Linux [Course 3090]
Are you ready to become a Novell Certified Engineer?
The Deploying Novell Open Enterprise Server 2 for Linux course (3090) prepares NetWare CNEs to migrate their NetWare/OES services to an OES 2 for Linux server. In addition, this course covers more advanced deployment topics such as support, patches and upgrades, troubleshooting, etc.
Training Level: 3 - Experienced
Duration: 5 Days
During this course you will learn how to complete the following tasks:
- Understand the process for migrating services and data from NetWare to Open Enterprise Server 2 for Linux
- Configure and maintain patches, upgrades, and installation of Novell Open Enterprise Server 2 for Linux
- Understand the principles for supporting Novell Open Enterprise Server 2 for Linux issues, including troubleshooting and maintenance
- Understand storage using Dynamic Storage Technologies (DST)
- Manage the administration of security on Novell Open Enterprise Server 2 for Linux
- Perform configuring tasks for Novell Open Enterprise Server 2 for Linux services
Before taking this course, you should be a current NetWare 6 or Open Enterprise Server NetWare CNE, or have equivalent experience with the NetWare 6, NetWare 6.5, or Novell Open Enterprise Server for NetWare product. This includes strong experience with the following:
- NetWare 6 or later server administration
- Novell Storage Services (NSS)
- Novell Client Protocol (NCP)
- Novell eDirectory
- Novell Certificate Server
- Novell iFolder
- Novell iPrint
- Novell iManager
- Novell iMonitor
- Novell Remote Manager
In addition, you should have previously attended Course 3089 (Fundamentals of Novell Open Enterprise Server 2 for Linux) or have equivalent experience.
The following are the knowledge and skills you acquire during this course:
- Migrate Services and Data from NetWare to OES 2 for Linux
- Install and Configure Novell Open Enterprise Server 2 for Linux
- Find Support for OES 2 Linux Issues
- Implement Patches and Upgrades
- Maintain and Troubleshoot OES 2 for Linux
- Using Dynamic Storage Technology
- Administering Novell Certificate Server on OES 2 for Linux
- Configuring Storage Access Services on OES 2 for Linux
Course Testing Information
This course along with the skills taught in Implementing Novell Open Enterprise Server 2 for Linux (Course 3089) prepares you to take the Novell Certified Engineer - Enterprise Services (NCE - ES) Practicum Exam (050-709).
For exam objectives and registration, see Objectives for the Novell Certified Engineer.
NOTE: If you are new to Novell or are a Legacy Certified Novell Engineer (Pre-NetWare 6), you are required to certify as an NCA -ES before certifying as an NCE - ES (see Novell Certified Administrator Enterprise Services). If you are a current Certified Novell Engineer, you only need to take the NCE- ES Practicum Exam.
You might also be interested in: