Implementing Novell Open Enterprise Server 2 for Linux [Course 3089]
Are you planning to move your servers from NetWare to Novell Open Enterprise 2 for Linux?
The Implementing Novell Open Enterprise Server 2 for Linux course (3089 v3) helps you get the hands-on experience you need with the Linux platform so you can begin to implement Novell Open Enterprise Server (OES) 2 services. The first five sections of the course essentially focus on the OES 2 services--installing SLES 10 SP2 and OES 2 SP1, and using iManager and other familiar tools to configure and administer services such as NCP, NSS, and Domain Services for Windows. You will install several OES 2 services, use the start and stop scripts for these services, and view their configuration and log files.
The last five sections of the course focus on the basics of the SUSE Linux Enterprise Server platform (SLES 10 SP1).
Training Level: 2 - Intermediate
Duration: 5 Days
After taking this course, you will:
- Understand the basics of the OES 2 Linux server platform .
- Install a new OES 2 Linux server.
- Install Novell OES services on an OES 2 Linux server.
- Configure Novell OES services on an OES 2 Linux server.
- Maintain Novell OES services on an OES 2 Linux server.
- Install and configure Domain Services for Windows.
- Perform basic SLES server administration and configuration tasks on an OES 2 Linux server.
This course specifically targets Certified Novell Engineers (CNEs) or NetWare administrators interested in moving their servers from NetWare to Novell Open Enterprise Server 2 SP1.
Before taking this course, you should be familiar with and have experience using the following: NetWare 6 or later server administration
- Novell Storage Services (NSS)
- Novell Client Protocol (NCP)
- Novell eDirectory
- Certificate Server
- Novell iFolder
- Novell iPrint
- Novell NetStorage
- Novell iManager
- Novell iMonitor
- Novell Remote Manager
- Introduction to Novell Open Enterprise Server 2 for Linux
- Installing OES 2 for Linux
- Manage Boot Process and Run Levels
- Manage File System and Volumes
- Manage Users and the File System
- Manage Packages, Processes, and Services
- Completing NetWare Server Administration Tasks on OES 2 for Linux Servers
- Install and Manage OES 2 Services for Linux
- Manage Storage and Volumes
- Implement Domain Services for Windows
Course Testing Information
This course along with the skills taught in Deploying Novell Open Enterprise Server 2 for Linux (Course 3090) prepares you to take the Novell Certified Engineer - Enterprise Services (NCE - ES) Practicum Exam (050-709).
For exam objectives and registration, see Objectives for the Novell Certified Engineer.
NOTE: If you are new to Novell or are a Legacy Certified Novell Engineer (Pre-NetWare 6), you are required to certify as an NCA -ES before certifying as an NCE - ES (see Novell Certified Administrator Enterprise Services). If you are a current Certified Novell Engineer, you only need to take the NCE- ES Practicum Exam.
You might also be interested in: