NetIQ Privileged User Manager: Administration (Novell Technical Training) [Course 8204]
Are super-users causing compliance headaches?
Novell Privileged User Manager give you control of who has super-user access, when such access can be utilized, and provides audit information and provable compliance on super-user activity in your systems. Learn the basic concepts of Novell Privileged User Manager and how to perform a simple installation by taking this course. You will install, configure, and test your installation of Novell Privileged User Manager as well as learn about command control, how to audit, and how to run reports on super-user activity.
ON-DEMAND: This course is available as part of the Full Library or the NetIQ Solution Library. Click the "Buy On-demand" button for details on purchasing these libraries.
Training Level: 2 - Intermediate
Duration: 2 Days
During this course, you will learn to:
- Install Novell Privileged User Manager 2.2
- Configure the Novell Privileged User Manager framework
- Create rules
- Configure audit and event reporting
- Configure load balancing and failover
- Work with some advanced policy administration and tools
Novell Privileged User Manager: Administration (Course 8204) is for those who need to install, configure, and maintain Novell Privileged User Manager as part of their overall Identity and Security solution and infrastructure.
Familiarity with the concepts of super-users and root management from Unix or Linux is helpful, but not necessary to attend Novell Privileged User Manager: Administration (Course 8204).
This course will cover the following topics:
- Introduction to Novell Privileged User Manager
- Introduction to Novell Privileged User Manager framework
- Installing Novell Privileged User Manager
- Configuring the framework
- Understanding command control and rule creation
- Understanding compliance audit and reporting
- Configuring compliance audit and event reporting
- Configuring load balancing and failover
- Understanding advanced policy administration
- Understanding advanced tools
- Understanding audit database and certificate management
You might also be interested in: