PlateSpin Recon: Consolidation Assessments and Data Center Management (Novell Technical Training) [Course 8415]
This course teaches students how to use PlateSpin Recon to perform a Consolidation Assessment. The goal is to give students a good idea of what PlateSpin Recon can do for them during an infrastructure assessment for consolidation planning. A second goal is to show students what Recon can do for them as an on-going data center optimization and protection tool. It will start by showing them how to discover and inventory servers in their infrastructure and then how to report their findings and to produce a consolidation project.
Training Level: 2 - Intermediate
Duration: 4 Hours
During this course, you will:
- Learn about what PlateSpin Recon is and does
- Learn about what a Consolidation Assessment Project is
- Understand the PlateSpin Recon Assessment Process
- Learn how to do a consolidation assessment with PlateSpin Recon
- Learn about different consolidation scenarios
- Learn about reasons to keep PlateSpin Recon for on-going data center management
The target audience for this course should be somewhat familiar with PlateSpin Recon, but does not need to be an expert. It is targeted at partner, Novell and customer consultants and sales staff and is designed to show them how to actually use the product to perform a consolidation assessment project.
Before taking this course, it would be helpful, but not mandatory, to have a basic understanding of PlateSpin Recon.
This course is taught in the following sections:
- SECTION 1 - The PlateSpin Product Suite
- SECTION 2 - PlateSpin Recon Overview
- SECTION 3 - Recon Technical Information
- SECTION 4 - Consolidation Assessment Project
- SECTION 5 - The Recon Assessment Process
- SECTION 6 - Consolidation Scenarios
- SECTION 7 - Sample Consolidation Assessment
- SECTION 8 - Recon for On-Going Data Center Management
Course Testing Information
There is no test available for this course.
You might also be interested in: