Novell GroupWise 8 Advanced Administration (Advanced Technical Training) [Course 8013]
This Novell GroupWise 8 Advanced Administration course is a four day, hands-on experience. It provides a highly technical look at the features of GroupWise 8 from the Administrator role and teaches you how to troubleshoot those features. The labs in this class focus on leveraging GroupWise features to make administration and troubleshooting a GroupWise 8 system more efficient.
Training Level: 3 - Experienced
Duration: 4 Days
During this course, you will learn to:
- Describe the GroupWise architecture.
- Apply support packs.
- Configure the advanced agent.
- Configure advanced GWIA.
- Configure advanced WebAccess.
- Secure GroupWise with SSL.
- Install and using the client.
- Work with and resolve common support issues.
- Install mobile solutions.
- Implement a two-cluster node on Linux and install GroupWise in the cluster.
The audience for this course is experienced GroupWise server administrators who are, or intend to be, managing GroupWise servers at a level that goes beyond the basic administration skills covered in Course 3105, GroupWise 8 Administration. This is for GroupWise administrators who want to go beyond a standard installation and gain in-depth knowledge of Agent configurations.
Before taking this course, you should have a fundamental knowledge of networking technologies, especially TCP/IP. Solid working knowledge of Novell eDirectory is required, including the use of ConsoleOne, tree organization, and how to browse the tree. GroupWise administration skills are also required. You must know how to access GroupWise objects from the GroupWise view in ConsoleOne. It is also necessary for you to know the GroupWise folder/file structure.
This course covers many topics, including:
- Architecture Review
- Applying Support Packs
- Advanced Agent Configuration
- Advanced GWIA Configuration
- Advanced WebAccess Configuration
- Securing GroupWise with SSL
- Installing and Using the Client
- Top Support Issues
- Installing Mobile Solutions
You might also be interested in: