Introduction to NetIQ Secure Login 7.0 (Novell Technical Training) [Course 8328]
Novell SecureLogin (NSL) eliminates the user frustration and Help Desk support calls associated with an organization supporting many applications, each having its own authentication dialog. This First-look recording uses lecture and demonstration to show you the following: Understand what Novell SecureLogin is and how it can simplify access to corporate applications requiring authentication.
Training Level: 2 - Intermediate
Duration: 4 Hours
By taking this course you will have an understanding of the components that comprise NSL and other software offerings from Novell that compliment NSL Implement NSL for Windows and Web-based applications that require authentication Administer NSL using various management consoles and utilities. Demonstration of the power and versatility of the SecureLogin Wizard.
Help Desk personnel and LAN administrators working in an eDirectory environment that:
- support users who need access to Windows, web-based, or mainframe-based applications requiring authentication to use the application
- desire to reduce support calls associated with those applications.
Students attending this course should:
- Have experience working in an eDirectory environment
- Be familiar with Novell iManager or ConsoleOne
- Have hands-on experience supporting Windows-based workstations in a networked environment
This course is taught in the following sections:
- Introduction to NSL
- Installing NSL Support Files
- Extending the Schema
- Installing the NSL Client
- Using NSL to Manage Application Passwords
- Configuring NSL for Pre-defined Application Authentication
- Configuring NSL for Web-based Applications
- The NSL Wizard
You might also be interested in: