NetIQ Identity Manager Roles Based Provisioning Module 3.7 (Novell Technical Training) [Course 9009]
Novell Identity Manager makes it easier than ever for users to interface with critical corporate systems based on their identity in the organization. Employee access to network and other resources can be based either on distinct approval processes or through the use of corporate roles that can include Separation of Duties (SoD). The add-on Novell Identity Manager Roles Based Provisioning Module delivers advanced workflow capabilities to help customers streamline user administration. As users become more involved in managing and requesting resources, self-service capabilities are becoming increasingly important both for employee productivity and in order to reduce demands on IT staff. Novell Identity Manager Roles Based Provisioning Module 3.7 makes it easier for users to request resources, delegate approvals and administration, and use proxies to manage their own access needs and incorporate Separation of Duties (SoD) policies through roles management. Roles can be assigned to a specific user, container, membership group, or a related role hierarchy.
Training Level: 2 - Intermediate
Duration: 4 Days
During this course, you will learn how to:
- Configure an Novell Identity Manager Identity Vault with the new Roles Based Provisioning Module on SUSE Linux Enterprise Server
- Use the latest Designer for Identity Manager. Designer for Identity Manager is a client-base tool for designing, deploying, debugging, and documenting your Identity Manager solution. It gives you full view of Identity Manager in your enterprise and lets you drill down to any level of detail
- Utilize the features of the User Application
- Create custom workflows
- Define roles
- Define Separation of Duties constraints
- Define resources and associate these resources with roles
- Modify existing Identity Manager driver entitlements to work with the new resource model
This course is for IT staff working with Novell Identity Manager and are going to use or currently using Novell Identity Manager Roles Based Provisioning Module 3.7 to implement and manage roles and advanced workflow capabilities.
Prerequisites include ONE of the following:
- Extensive, hands-on experience writing Novell Identity Manager policies.
- Identity Manager Administration (Course 3091)
- ATT - Novell Identity Manager 3.x attendance
Students must have Novell Identity Manager meta-directory skills such as configuring drivers, filters, policies, etc. before attending.
This course covers many topics, many of which are listed below:
- Installing, configuring and administering Roles Based Provisioning Module
- Understanding and using Roles and Permissions for security
- Using the Work Dashboard User Interface
- Utilizing Proxies and Delegations
- Creating and implementing Entitlements
- Understanding and using the Resource Model
- Understanding and implementing Roles
- Building Custom Workflows
- Using SOAP and REST services