Novell identity Manager 4: Administration [Course 3109]
Are you managing identities in your enterprise?
Novell Identity Manager 4 is a new family of products designed to help you manage identity across physical, virtual, and cloud environments. With Novell Identity Manager 4: Administration (Course 3109) you will learn the core functionality and administration techniques common to all versions of Novell Identity Manager 4.
In this course, you will learn to use the embedded identity vault, run basic reports, check driver states, manage policies, and more. If you are managing identities in your enterprise and using Novell Identity Manager 4 Advanced Edition or Standard Edition, this course provides a solid foundation for understanding and administering this industry-leading product.
Training Level: 2 - Intermediate
Duration: 5 Days
By taking this course, you will learn to:
- Understand the architecture of Novell Identity Manager 4
- Understand the structure and schema of the embedded identity vault
- Use the Novell Identity Manager 4 tools to perform administrative tasks such as performing traces and checking driver states
- Manage policies
- Manage connected systems
- Perform health checks
- Run reports common to all versions of Novell Identity Manager 4
This course is for anyone administering identities in an enterprise using Novell Identity Manager 4. People familiar with previous versions of Novell Identity Manager should also take this course. Novell Identity Manager 4 contains a new architecture and many inclusions and enhancements not found in previous versions.
Before taking this course, you should have a basic understanding of directories and directory concepts.
This course follows the basic outline and covers the topics shown below:
- SECTION 1 - Describe Novell Identity Manager 4.0
- SECTION 2 - Administer Identity Manager
- SECTION 3 - Understand Designer for Identity Manager
- SECTION 4 - Manage Content with Packages
- SECTION 5 - Identity Manager Drivers
- SECTION 6 - Manage Policies and Filters
- SECTION 7 - Troubleshoot With DSTrace
- SECTION 8 - Introduce the User Application
- SECTION 9 - Implement Identity Manager Password Synchronization
- SECTION 10 - Introduce the Reporting Module
Course Testing Information
This course helps prepare you for the Certified Novell Identity Manager Administrator (CNIMA) certification exam (#050-730).
You might also be interested in: