Novell Service Desk: Service Management [Course 8522]
- Incident Management: Used to restore normal service operation as quickly as possible. This includes incident detection and recording, classification, investigation, resolution, and incident closure.
- Problem Management: Used to minimize the adverse impact of incidents and problems on the business that are caused by errors within the IT infrastructure, and to prevent recurrence of incidents related to these errors (Error Control).
- Change Management: Used to ensure that standardized methods and procedures are used for efficient and prompt handling of all changes.
Training Level: 2 - Intermediate
Duration: 2 Days
During this course, you learn the following concepts and skills fundamental to understanding Novell Service Desk:
- Novell Service Desk Purpose and Features
- How to Install Novell Service Desk
- How to Configure service Desk Integrations
- How to Set Up Novell Service Desk for Users
- Novell Service Desk and ITIL
- How to Configure Novell Service Desk Processes
- How to Fulfill Requests in Novell Service Desk
Course 8522, Novell Service Desk: Service Managememnt is designed for students who are new to Novell Service Desk or for those who are contemplating a Service Desk implementation.
Those taking Course 8522 should be familiar with basic database and networking skills.
SECTION 1: Introduction to Novell Service Desk
SECTION 2: Install Novell Service Desk
Objective 1: Configure MySQL
Objective 2: Install Service Desk
Objective 3: Review the Service Desk Management Console
SECTION 3: Configuring Service Desk Integrations
Objective 1: Configure Email
Objective 2: Configure LDAP
Objective 3: Configure ZENworks
SECTION 4: Setting up Service Desk for Users
Objective 1: Describe Service Desk Roles
Objective 2: Create Default Incident Team
Objective 3: Create the Service Catalog and Create Catalog Items
SECTION 5: Describing Novell Service Desk and ITIL
Objective 1: Review ITIL
SECTION 6: Configuring Novell Service Desk Processes
Objective 1: Configure additional processes
Objective 2: Configure Service Level Agreements
Objective 3: Configure Request Lifecycles
SECTION 7: Fulfilling Requests in Novell Service Desk
Objective 1: Create Customer Requests
Objective 2: Fulfill Customer Requests