Optimizing and Troubleshooting SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 (Advanced Technical Training) [Course 8256]
In this course the student will learn how to optimize the performance of the SUSE Enterprise Linux Server 11. They will understand the concept of System Optimization and methodologies that are used to monitor, analyse and tune SLES 11 systems. They will be exposed to the general troubleshooting techniques and recovery techniques.
Training Level: 4 - Advanced
Duration: 4 Days
Students will learn general and applied troubleshooting methodologies for SLE 11. As well as being introduced first to monitor, analyse and tune SLES 11 systems over the 1st and 2nd days. As an integral component of System Optimization, tools are discussed, which can help determine system bottlenecks and assist the Optimization engineer in the complete optimization process.In the troubleshooting section, general troubleshooting techniques are covered on the 3rd day, with the most affective applied troubleshooting and recovery techniques rounding out the 4th day.
This course is applicable to System Administrators and engineers seeking to improve their optimization and troubleshooting skills on SLES 11.
This information is valuable to those that wish to learn the methodologies of SUSE Linux Enterprise tuning to apply in their own environments.
This is an advanced course
Students should be familiar with SUSE Linux (of any variety) to get maximum value from this training.
CLP 9/10/11 certification is STRONGLY advised, as the pace of the course labs and lecture is very fast and both presume the students are experienced with the Linux command line, YaST, and system hardware configurations.
Although scripting experience is not required, it is also strongly recommended.
.Day 1: Optimization 1
- Section 1: Introduction to System Optimization
- Section 2: CPU Subsystem Optimization
- Section 3: Memory Subsystem Optimization
- Section 4: Storage Subsystem Optimization
- Section 5: Network Subsystem Optimization
- Section 6: Application Subsystem Optimization
- Section 1: Troubleshooting Methodology
- Section 2: Troubleshooting Tools
- Section 3: Troubleshooting System Startup and Shutdown
- Section 4: Troubleshooting Kernel Configuration
- Section 5: Troubleshooting Kernel Panic Dumps
- Section 1: Introduction to Configuration Backups
- Section 2: Configuration Backup Fundamentals
- Section 3: Rapid Recovery
You might also be interested in: