Introduction to SUSE Cloud [Course 1410]
This course is a high level introduction to the basic features and functionality of SUSE Cloud. SUSE Cloud provides enterprises with an automated platform for setting-up and managing infrastructure-as-a-service private clouds and is based on the OpenStack and Crowbar open source projects.
The course is divided into two main sections:
- Section 1 covers the concept of Cloud Computing in general and then provides an overview of SUSE Cloud's OpenStack Architecture.
- Section 2 takes the student through a default set-up of SUSE Cloud--from bare metal installation to the deployment of virtual machines.
ON-DEMAND: This course is available as part of the Full Library or the SUSE Solution Library. Click the "Buy On-demand" button for details on purchasing these libraries. You can also access this course from our On-demand Try It free elearning web site.
Training Level: 0 - All
Duration: 3 Hours
Based on the OpenStack and Crowbar open source projects and backed by the world class engineering and support of SUSE, SUSE Cloud enables enterprises to easily install and manage an infrastructure-as-a-service private cloud.
This course teaches students about
- The fundamentals of cloud computing
- The components which make up SUSE Cloud, including OpenStack and Crowbar
- Cloud installation and operation
- Setting-up the SUSE Cloud environment from bare metal
- Adding nodes to the cloud
- Cloud administration
- Creating users and projects
- Adding VM instances to the repository
- Using cloud services
- Starting and stopping virtual machine instances running in the cloud
- Building and managing cloud-ready workloads using SUSE Studio
This course is intended for current and future cloud architects and administrators who are tasked with making their IT organization the cloud services provider of first resort for their enterprise.
Those attending the course should be familiar with the administration of SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 at the level of CLP 11 (or have similar experience with another Linux distribution).
SECTION 1: SUSE Cloud: Background and Architecture
SECTION 2: SUSE Cloud: Setup and Use
You might also be interested in: