Novell Exam Retake Policy
Novell has established a testing policy to outline conditions under which a candidate may retake a Novell exam. By imposing a wait period between exam retakes, the candidate has limited exposure to exam items and is dissuaded from memorizing exam items.
In the event a candidate fails a Novell exam on his or her first attempt, Novell will not require any waiting period between the first and second attempt to pass the same Novell exam. However, before any candidate’s third or subsequent attempt to pass a Novell exam, the candidate shall be required to wait for a period of no less than thirty (30) calendar days from the date of the candidate’s last attempt to pass the same exam.
In the event a candidate passes a Novell exam, the candidate shall be required to wait a period of twelve (12) months before retaking the same Novell exam, unless Novell has changed the test objectives by revising the course related to that specific exam.
In the event it has been determined a candidate has violated Novell’s exam retake policy, the candidate may not be eligible to register or schedule a Novell exam for a minimum period of twelve (12) months from the date of such determination.
Any candidate determined to have violated Novell’s exam retake policy may be subject to the following:
- Denial of Novell certification for a period of twelve (12) months from the date of such determination or
- Revocation of Novell certification, if such certification had been previously granted to the candidate or
- Revocation of all Novell certifications previously granted to candidate or
- Ineligibility to receive any Novell certification for a minimum of twelve (12) months from the date of such determination or
- Any other appropriate actions, including legal remedies, that Novell deems necessary or appropriate to enforce Novell’s exam retake policy.