From August to October of this year, Micro Focus held an essay contest for our customers and users in academic settings. We invited them to tell us how they are using Micro Focus products in their respective schools and universities and how our products are helping make their jobs easier.
We would like to congratulate Steven Tharp, Identity Services Manager at Davenport University, as the winner of this contest. Steven was rewarded with a $250 Amazon gift card and a free Micro Focus Community t-shirt. Additionally, Steven’s entry will be published across the Micro Focus site, including the Micro Focus Community, Micro Focus corporate blog, and, where appropriate, used as customer success stories or customer quotes on Micro Focus product pages. You can view Steven’s winning essay by clicking here.
For those who may have missed your chance to participate, we plan to run this contest again in the near future—trust us, you won’t want to miss out.
About the Contest
The contest is now ended. Below are the details of the contest so you can get a better understanding of what the authors were competing for.
The purpose of the contest was to promote awareness on how our academic customers were using Micro Focus products in their institutions and how our products have benefitted the academic world.
- Minimum length: 250 words
- Deadline: 31 October 2017 (Halloween)
- Email entries to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Essays should describe how you use Micro Focus products from a technical aspect and how they have helped you do things like:
- Meet the needs of students and faculty
- Comply with policies and regulations
- Save time, money, or resources
- Entries must be about products that you have used or are currently using
- Entries will be judged by a panel of product marketers and three winners will be chosen. Winning essays will be chosen based on the quality of the submission as determined by the judges