Adding a graphic to your GroupWise Signature
Whether for business or fun, having a graphic included in your email signature is a good way of getting attention in your correspondence. In GroupWise adding the company logo or a humorous picture to your various signatures is easy if you know where to click. (You DID know you can have multiple signatures, didn’t you?)
I’m using GroupWise 2014 for this example, but the process for all recent versions of GroupWise is pretty much the same. First, of course, you need a graphic stored somewhere you can grab. Be conscious of the size and resolution of your graphic. Make sure it’s just how you want it to appear in your signature. GroupWise isn’t <insert the name of your favorite graphic manipulation program here> so do your graphic work before putting it in your signature. Once you have your graphic ready, here are the steps to get it into your signature:
- Open GroupWise (if that wasn’t obvious)
- From the top toolbar, click “Tools”
- At the bottom of the dropdown, select “Options…”
- Now double click on the “Environment” icon
- Select the “Signature” tab. (It may be on the bottom or top row of tabs)
- Enter the text of your signature
- Click on the little double carrot on the bottom right corner of the signature text box
- This brings up a menu of all types of formatting options, one of which is “Insert Picture”
- Select this, pick your graphic you’ve saved somewhere
Voilà! You have a graphic in your signature. As you can see from the screen shot of my signature below, I’ve added a horizontal line above my graphic. Experiment with it. You can get that signature looking exactly like you want it.
Remember you can have multiple signatures for multiple purposes. One for work. Another for fun. Another for your volunteer work. GroupWise lets your personality shine through in your email communication. Have fun!