Anyone experienced problems connecting to OES2 or NetWare via AFP since upgrading to OSX Lion?
Here’s the solution:
Because Apple changed the AFP version from v1 to v2, there are no connections possible through AFP from Mac to OES2 Linux nor NetWare…
- Open up a Terminal on your Mac and make /Library/Preferences writable:
sudo chmod o+w /Library/Preferences
- Switch back your Lion to AFP v1:
defaults write /Library/Preferences/com.apple.AppleShareClient afp_host_prefs_version -int 1
- Reboot your Mac !! (this is necessary just one time)
- Try to connect to your Server again. It may still fail.
- Open up a Terminal again and type:
sudo defaults write /Library/Preferences/com.apple.AppleShareClient afp_disabled_uams -array "Cleartxt Passwrd" "MS2.0" "2-Way Randnum exchange"
- Now the AFP connections should work…
- Change back rights to /Library/Preferences/ with:
sudo chmod o-w /Library/Preferences