Here’s an excerpt:
By now, just about everyone understands the impressive potential of enterprise cloud computing. What’s not to like about the concept of tapping into vast pools of inexpensive processing power, storage capacity or even whole computing platforms whenever you need them—and then instantly releasing them when you don’t? But there are still a few significant hurdles preventing many enterprises from fully embracing cloud computing. And by far, the biggest of those hurdles is security. Survey after survey shows that cloud computing can never become a viable, compelling option for most enterprises until they can confidently secure, protect and enforce compliance on all the critical corporate data that lives in the cloud.
Benefits of the Novell Cloud Security Service
There are plenty of great reasons to “annex” cloud resources using the Novell Cloud Security Service. Here are a few you should consider:
- Identity protection. With the Novell Cloud Security Service, identity credentials are never exposed. Instead, protected identity information behind your firewall is used to create pseudonym credentials for use in cloud environments.
- Regulatory reporting. The Novell Cloud Security Service goes beyond identity management to extend business rules, policies and compliance enforcement to cloud environments.
- Storage protection. Novell is the only vendor that offers integrated and secure access to storage resources in the cloud through key-based encryption.
- Workflow extension. Annexation allows workflows to move beyond traditional enterprise boundaries, so cloud resources can be governed by your organization’s established business rules.
- Zero-time deprovisioning. The Novell Cloud Security Service can quickly block unauthorized access to your SaaS systems and immediately alert you when unauthorized users attempt to gain access.