This document helps NetWare Customers to backup the NSS volumes from a NetWare server using Backup Exec engine.
Install the Backup Exec engine and Agent on NetWare server from the Windows machine.
Backup Exec configuration:
- Load bestart in NetWare server where backup exec got installed
- Login using Username and Password
- In Backup exec Administration console goto Jobs -> Update Agent list.
It will update the list of backup exec agents
- Goto Jobs select policy and specify the policy attributes to customize to your needs.
Use spacebar to select/deselect the options
- Goto Drives->Backup-to-disk-folder and specify the name and path that the backup data has to be stored
Taking Backup using Backup Exec:
- Goto Jobs -> Backup -> Make Selections and select the dataset that has to be backed up and do submit
Give the backupname and policy name and press F2 to accept the selections
- Goto Administration -> Active jobs and view the status of the backup operation
Restore using Backup Exec:
- Goto Jobs -> Restore -> Make selections by volume and select the backup sets that needs to be restored and do submit.
- In restore job properties window select redirection and in redirect files give the destination path to store the restored data and accept selections.
- Goto Administration -> Active jobs and view the status of the restore operation
Backup/restore job from the Backup Exec server is scheduled which will backup and restore the NSS volumes.