Welcome to BrainStorm Cool Tips. New tips will be posted regularly to help you more effectively use SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop. If you have any suggestions for tips, please feel free to let us know by emailing
Stocking a Gallery of Clip Art in OpenOffice.org 2
Stop going the Insert | Picture | From File route. You can drag and drop any image you want when you use the OpenOffice.org Gallery. Here’s a tip to show you how.
- Upload or locate the file with the images you wish to use.
- Select Tools | Gallery or click the Gallery icon on the main toolbar.
- Click New Theme.
- In the dialog that appears, type a name for the group of graphics you’d like to import.
- Click the Files tab.
- Click Find Files to locate the files you wish to import. You can choose a directory with subdirectories. OpenOffice.org will also import the images in the subdirectories.
- Wait, while OpenOffice.org locates and imports the files.
- Use the CTL and SHIFT keys to select only the files you wish to import and then click Add, OR click Add All to add all the images in the file.
- Click OK.
- Select your new theme in the Gallery window’s left-hand navigation.
- Drag and drop an image into your document.
- To hide the Gallery, click the small arrows at the bottom of the tool bar.
Click the play button below to see a flash demonstration of this tip.
You can get more OpenOffice.org 2.0 tips and tricks when you order BrainStorm’s new OpenOffice.org 2.0 Computer-Based Training. This Web- and Flash-based training system will work on any browser or platform and includes over six hours of instructor-led training topics. The Computer-Based Training is also completely searchable and includes pre-defined courses according to the level of training you need. For more information, contact BrainStorm, Inc.