The Name Change – Life After Marriage …
Somebody got married and changed her last name. MarriedWoman also wants to keep her original email address so she doesn’t loose contacts.
After performing a normal name change in NDS and GroupWise, add an alias.
1. Go to the Properties of “MarriedWoman”.
Figure 1 – Properties of MarriedWoman
2. On the GroupWise tab, select Gateway Aliases and click Add.
Figure 2 – Gateway Aliases
3. Click the Gateway Alias Type button.
Figure 3 – Create Alias dialog
4. Select the Domain and Gateway Alias Type, which is probably your GWIA or SMTP gateway.
Figure 4 – Selecting the GroupWise object
5. Add the old email address – “SingleWoman@Somewhere.Something”
Figure 5 – Creating the alias
Now the MarriedWoman can still receive email for SingleWoman, although this might not be good for MarriedMan.