Installing a TCP/IP printer by using the printer policy of ZENworks Configuration Management.
This solution is tested on Windows XP, Windows 2003 server and Windows Vista device.
- Download createPrinter.bat file to a temporary location on the device.
- In ZENworks Control Center, create a bundle.
- Add the Install Directory action to upload the printer driver such as hp4100p6.inf to a directory on the managed device.
- Add the Install Files action to upload the createPrinter.bat you downloaded in Step 1 to the managed device.
- Add the Launch Windows Executable action to execute the batch file on the managed device.
In the Command Line Parameters option, specify the following arguments:
- IP of the printer
- Name of the printer object on the managed device.
- Model of the printer
- The complete path of the driver that you uploaded in Step 3
The model of the printer and driver path arguments should be enclosed in double quotes.
For example, 10.0.0.0 test “HP LaserJet 4100 PCL 6″ “c:\lj4100\hp4100p6.inf”
- Assign the bundle to a user or device based on the requirement.
- Set the distribution or launch schedules based on the requirement.
- Launch the bundle on the managed device.