Simply drop choppit.exe in your server’s sys:system directory. After an abend just start it from there (mapped drive or UNC) to open the last Abend in your Window’s NOTEPAD.EXE, that’s it.
How it works:
– looks for ABEND.LOG in choppit’s folder
– reads in the full ABEND.LOG to an array
– searches backwards for “Abend 1”
– searches backwards for the “*” asterik line
– saves from that line to the end of the array
– Save File = [desktopdir]\ ABEND-serername-Chopped.TXT
– The servername is taken from the ABEND.LOG
The program is written in Autoit3 scripting language.
Never need it — I mean, don’t face ABENDs 😉