The Create Printers From CSV script was designed to allow administrators to be able to create iPrint printers quickly by using a CSV file instead of iManager.
Step #1 – Install and download the latest version of the Create Printers From CSV script utility.
- Download create-printers-from-csv-1.0.tgz
- Open a Terminal window and type “su”.
- Enter root’s password.
- Extract the script from the tarball.
#tar –xzvf create-printers-from-csv-1.0.tgz
- cd to the Printer-Import folder.
- Make the script executable.
#chmod 755 Create-Printers-From-CSV-1.0.sh
- Open up the Printer-Import.csv file.
- Add printers to the file as shown in the example CSV file.
The Columns must be in the following order:
Step #2 – Create a CSV file with your favorite spreadsheet application.
- Printer Name
- DNS or IP of Printer
- The container of where the printer should be created
- The location of the printer
- The description of the printer
Step #3 – Run the Create Printers From CSV Script utility.
- On the terminal run the Create-Printers-From-CSV-1.0.sh script to start the import process
- When the script is executed it will ask the remaining questions to make the import is successful.