kramarao is not the author of this tool, but thought it would be a good addition to Cool Tools.
download url: http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=4664
Cscope is a developer’s tool for browsing source code.
Following are the features of the Cscope.
- Allows searching code for:
- all references to a symbol
- global definitions
- functions called by a function
- functions calling a function
- text string
- regular expression pattern
- a file
- files including a file
- Curses based (text screen)
- An information database is generated for faster searches and later reference
- The fuzzy parser supports C, but is flexible enough to be useful for C++ and Java, and for use as a generalized ‘grep database’ (use it to browse large text documents!)
- Has a command line mode for inclusion in scripts or as a backend to a GUI/frontend
- Runs on all flavors of Unix, plus most monopoly-controlled operating systems.