In ZENworks Reporting Server 5.6.1, creating an Ad Hoc report displays only plain data. This cool solution will display Ad Hoc reports with the default customized template that includes the Micro Focus logo, Logged in user, and Page footer for all the page orientations (Actual Size, Portrait, and Landscape). In addition these default templates can also be modified, once Jaspersoft Studio 5.6.1 is connected to ZRS Reporting Server 5.6.1.
Steps for Creating Ad Hoc Template Report :
1. Log in to ZENworks Reporting Server as user.
2. Go to Manage -> Server Settings -> Import
3. Enable Update Checkbox and disable rest of all the check-boxes.
4. Upload the zip file CustomizedAdhocReportTemplates attached and Click Import.
5. Create an Ad Hoc view, drag required objects.
6. Add a title header in “Click to add a title” section.
7. Click the option Save Ad Hoc view and Create Reports.
8. In the dialog box, Select the radio button “Generate Report with: Custom Report Template” as mentioned below.
9. Browse the customized template that has different page orientations added as a part of this zip file.
10. Save the Ad Hoc Customized report in the desired location and run the report that was just saved.
This is the default report template that has been provided. we can edit the templates, based on the requirements.
For instance, to change the logo of the default template, connect Jasperstudio 5.6.1 to ZRS Reporting Server 5.6.1 using the following link:
Once connection is established, go to root folder Public > Templates in Jaspersoft Studio, all normal and Customized templates are available and it can be modified. In this case, Actual Customized jrxml file is opened.
Adding a new image resource file in Jasperreports Server resource file.
Add the image resource file and browse the required image file from the local file system.
Once the image is uploaded, the image resource file name is available and it can be seen in the below mentioned snapshot.
Drag the actual customized jrxml file in editor and click on the image file that is seen on the template file, expression editor is seen in the properties file shown below. Change the path of the image file location in Expression editor accordingly.
Once the exact path location is mentioned, you can see the image file getting modified in the template jrxml file. Press Ctrl + S, to save and publish these changes to ZENworks Reporting Server 5.6.1.
Try creating Ad Hoc view and save the report with Custom Report Template that is modified. Newly created custom template report has data with the new logo changes.
Similarly, once JasperStudio 5.6.1 is connected, these default templates can be extended based on the requirements.