Created by Tyler Harris and Shane Nielson
download url: ftp://ftp.novell.com/outgoing/dsapp.tgz
dsapp.sh is designed to be a server-side tool aimed to help customers and engineers troubleshoot and solve common support issues for the Novell DataSync product according to KCS standards. Many of the features found in dsapp automate the processes defined in Technical Information Documents (TIDs). The purpose of this tool is to make these procedures simpler.
- Upload logs and server information to Novell FTP (TID 7014307)
- Configure all logs to default or diagnostic/debug
- Log capture (see test item’s flow through DataSync connectors)
- Remove log archives to free up space (TID 7010533)
Register & Update
- Register DataSync (TID 3030847)
- Update with Novell Update Channel (TID 7007012)
- Update with local ISO (TID 7007012)
- Update with Novell FTP
- Vacuum & Reindex (TID 7009453)
- Backup & Restore (TID 7008163)
- Re-initialize all users (special option)
- Fix targets/membershipCache (TID 7012163)
- CUSO+ (Clean-Up Start Over – refreshing the Mobility server TID 7014473)
- Generate CSR and Key (TID 7007674)
- Generate self-signed certificate (TID 7007674)
- Configure certificate from 3rd party (TID 7006904)
- Finds authentication issues, suggests steps to resolve (TID 7012048)
- Remove user references (TID 7008852)
- Check GroupWise Folder Structure (remotely)
- List all subjects deleted by a specific device
- Etc, etc.
Checks & Queries
- Nightly Maintenance Check
- Show Sync Status (shows queues according to log and events in pending tables)
- View Mobility syncevents pending per user
- View attachments per user
- Check Mobility attachments (cleans up invalid, old, orphaned attachments)
Command-line parameters (v119+):
Run dsapp with switches to automate tasks without the need of menu selections.
We added two features in v138:
- dsapp autoupdate. dsapp will check for latest version on launch and update itself if needed. By default this is set to true, but can be turned off by configuring autoUpdate variable to false.
- dsapp alias. A permanent location has been set for dsapp.sh in /opt/novell/datasync/tools/dsapp/ You can launch dsapp anywhere by just entering the word dsapp in a terminal window.
We believe this can be an extremely helpful tool when working to troubleshoot and resolve problems with the DataSync application. There are more features we wish to include, but believe this is a great start.
Created by Tyler Harris & Shane Nielson.