The Formativ Personal Microsoft Outlook Migration solution migrates Microsoft Outlook Email, Appointments, Contacts, Journal entries, Tasks and Notes into GroupWise. It also includes an undo facility, which let you easily remove the imported items from GroupWise.
Latest version 2.0.9 (update history)
Minimum Formativ Version Required: 2.5
Integrations: GroupWise toolbars
- You need to have Outlook installed to use the applet.
- Outlook distribution lists and Groups are not migrated.
- Unable to set the GW address book entry birthday field because the datatype is Reserved.
- You require GroupWise 6.0.2 or greater to migrate Outlook email.
- In GroupWise 6.5 or later versions, sent messages are shown as UnRead.
- GroupWise 6.5 needs to be restarted to refresh the categories list.
- All non-supported Outlook fields are added to the GroupWise message body field under Outlook Properties.
- In GroupWise 6.5, the Text.htm file attached as HTML Message.htm. GW 6.5.1 and above attaches the file as TEXT.htm.
- Attached messages will be saved into MSG format. Outlook MSG viewer required in order to view the MSG file.
- The embedded images will not be visible in the ancestor or root message because the applet does not create the Mime.822 file to view the embedded images.
- Outlook Journal items are migrated as GroupWise Mail. Summary information is included in the body. The original Journal entry is added as a MSG attachment to the Mail. You require the Outlook MSG viewer to open MSG attachments.
- Hold the [SHIFT] key down while executing the applet to create the verbose log entries.
- Outlook may display security alert message box regarding external program want to access the data. You must have to press ‘Yes’ to proceed.
- The folder which will be created under the GroupWise root account tostore all migrated Outlook itemsconst IDS_GW_ROOT_FOLDER = “Outlook Migration”
Note: To run the free applet, you will need to install one of the Formativ products below:
- Express – For GroupWise users. Formativ Express is the FREE engine for running Formativ Express solutions for GroupWise.
- Runtime – For GroupWise users. Formativ Runtime is a low cost engine for running an unlimited number of Formativ solutions for GroupWise.
- Creator – For GroupWise developers. Formativ Creator enables rapid GroupWise enhancement, customization and creation of enterprise solutions. Use Developer to run, customize and extend the free solutions available from Formativ Applet Central.
- Visit the www.advansyscorp.com site for more information.