This administrative template (.adm) provides Group Policy settings for the Novell Client 2 SP3 for Windows, allowing administrators the ability to manage registry-based policy settings relating to the Novell Client.
The Cool Solutions AppNote with corresponding information is Novell Client 2 SP3 for Windows: Registry Settings.
The Group Policy Administrative Template for Novell Client 2 SP3 for Windows is intended for use with Novell Client 2 SP3 for Windows. The Client is supported on the Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows 8, and Windows Server 2012 platforms.
How to use the Group Policy Administrative Template for Novell Client 2 SP3 for Windows with the Local Windows Group Policy Editor:
- Copy Novell Client 2 SP3 for Windows ADM.adm to a temporary location.
- Read the Readme and make any needed modifications to the .adm file.
- Launch the Group Policy Editor (click Start, then type gpedit.msc in th Start Search box, and press Enter).
- Right-click “Administrative Templates” in the left column
- In the “Add/Remove Templates window, select “Add/Remove Templates…” and click the “Add” button
- In the “Policy Templates” window, navigate to the temporary location you used in Step 1.
- Select the “Novell Client 2 SP3 for Windows ADM” entry, and click the “Open” button.
- Back in the “Add/Remove Templates window, click the “Close” button.
The Novell Client policies/preferences are now ready to use, and can be located in both Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\Classic Administrative Templates (ADM) and User Configuration\Administrative Templates\Classic Administrative Templates (ADM).
Version 1.2 22 Mar 2013
Fixed additional registry key name typos. Thanks again, Jim.
Version 1.1 19 Mar 2013
Fixed a number of registry key name typos, resulting from leaving off the trailing “s” in the registry keys “Property Pages”, “Menu Items”, and “Browse Settings”. Thanks to Jim Wagner for reporting it.
Version 1.0 15 Mar 2013