Purpose: Read existing iManager definitions (Modules, Roles, Tasks, Books) from eDirectory and export them to an installable XML file.
iMgrExport allows you to selectively export category/role/task/book declarations from an eDirectory tree with an existing iManager installation.
iMgrExport will thereby provide a good starting base for developers who create their own custom iManager modules.
Check https://developer.novell.com for details on adapting the resulting XML file to your needs.
- Select the container that contains your iManager collection(s) of tasks.
iMgrExport will scan all subcontainers of the selected entry
- iMgrExport will show all modules, roles, tasks, books
Mark the ones that you want to export into an XML file.
You may use a filter to automatically mark entries that match a given string
- Save the resulting XML file.
You may modify the file according to your needs.
- To use the tasks on a different server, do not forget to copy the JSP files
that are referenced in the “<merge-template>” tags
- iMgrExport will NOT export book pages, since these are not installed into eDirectory.
To export book pages, copy the page definitions (nps\portal\modules\[your module]\plugins)
and the respective page JSPs (nps\portal\modules\[your module]\skins\…)