The host and guest operating systems run more efficiently when VMware tools are installed to the guest operating system. The steps and script below simplify the VMware Tools installation to the iPrint Appliance.
- Log into the ESX server using the vSphere client.
- Or go to the VMware Workstation application
- Right-click the iPrint Appliance VM, select the Guest option, then click Install/Upgrade VMware Tools.
- Click OK or Install to the pop-up message.
- Copy/paste the following string of commands into a terminal session of the Appliance:
- wget -P /tmp https://www.novell.com/communities/coolsolutions/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2016/05/VMwareToolsInstall.zip;cd /tmp;unzip VMwareToolsInstall.zip;/tmp/VMwareToolsInstall.sh
- Follow the prompts.