The iPrint Backup script is used to backup iPrint to eDirectory and create an XML backup in the /var/opt/novell/iprint/<PSM Name.psm> folder. Any time interval can be used through a crontab entry. One possible use for this script is if your iPrint eDirectory backup is failing periodically. You can find the pattern and identify what could be causing the issue
- Download iprintbackup.tgz
- Open a Terminal window and type “su”.
- Enter root’s password.
- Extract the script from the tarball.
#tar –xzvf iprintbackup.tgz
- Make the script executable and only readable for root.
#chmod 700 iPrintBackup.sh
- Open the iPrintBackup.sh script file and fill out the values at the top of the file for the admin eDir username and password
- Setup crontab for to run 10 minutes after the hour.
Add the line “10 * * * * /[full path to the sript]/XMLBackup.sh
Save the file (ESC :wq if you are in vi).
- Your iPrint system should now be backed up.