This document explains how to enable only Store and Requests pages in the Customer Portal. This helps an administrator who wants to use only Store.
‘Store’ is introduced in the Service Desk 7.3 release. The screenshot below is of the Store in the Customer Portal:
To enable only Store and Requests pages:
A. Replace CustomerInsideMenu.html File:
- Stop the Service
- Back up the CustomerInsideMenu.html file and replace with attached file of the same name.
- Windows: \Program Files\ServiceDesk\Server\webapps\LiveTime\WEB-INF\LiveTime.woa\Contents\Resources\CustomerInsideMenu.wo\CustomerInsideMenu.html
- Linux: /usr/local/ServiceDesk/Server/webapps/LiveTime/WEB-INF/LiveTime.woa/Contents/Resources/CustomerInsideMenu.wo/CustomerInsideMenu.html
- Appliance: /opt/novell/nsd/servicedesk/Server/webapps/LiveTime/WEB-INF/LiveTime.woa/Contents/Resources/CustomerInsideMenu.wo/CustomerInsideMenu.html
- Start the Service
B. Changes in Administrator Portal:
- Login as an administrator.
- Go to Setup > Privileges > Customer
- Select Store in the Default Tab ( Setup > Privileges > Customer > Default Tab > Store )
- Select View/Create and Edit in the Service Requests ( Setup > Privileges > Customer > Service Requests > View or Create and Edit )
- Ensure the Service Request option is not set to Off (Setup > Privileges > Customer > Service Requests > Off).
After performing the above steps, the Customer Portal is displayed as follows: