USERPASS.NLM is designed for changing the passwords of many users existing at the same context as a server.
- A list of users and their passwords should be in a text file:
- The file USERPASS.TXT should be placed on volume SYS in ETC folder.
- Each line (rekord) of USERPASS.TXT file should contain the user name and the new password separated by tab character.
The password cannot be empty.
- The program creates a log named USERPASS.LOG that is located on SYS volume in the ETC folder.
- This program starts with a message:
USERPASS has been started on server xxxx
and ends with a message:
USERPASS has been finished
- The program can be run with or without a /V parameter: USERPASS /V.
Using the /V parameter causes the log to also display on the server console.