Target Platform: Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows 2003.
This is the tool which allows the user to test the SSL certificate present on the local machine or directory server. For web servers, user can copy the certificate from the server to the local machine and then use this tool to verify the certificate.
Presently it performs the following important tests on the certificate.
- Checks if the certificate is trusted.
- Test for validity of the certificate.
- Verify if the certificate is revoked.
- Checks if the hostname on the certificate matches with DNS name of the server.
How to use this tool
- Launch this tool on your system. You will see the dialog window as shown in the above figure.
- Select “Workstation” or “Directory Server” based on whether the certificate is present on the local machine or it has to be retrieved from the directory server.
- Next click on the “VerifyCertificate” button to perform various tests on the certificate. Complete details and results will be displayed in the list.
After verification, you can also view the contents of the certificate by pressing “View Certificate” button.