Domnic Mendes, who had a positive experience with this tool, thought XSane would be a good addition to Cool Tools.
XSane is a graphical scanning frontend. It uses the SANE-library to talk to scanners.
XSane is designed for acquiring images with scanners (there are other devices like cameras and videodevices supported by SANE, but XSane is not designed for that purpose). You can scan to file, do a photocopy, create a fax, create and send a mail and start XSane from the GIMP as Gimp plug in.
- improved enhancement functions (gamma handling)
- GIMP plug-in
- functionality in stand-alone mode:
- create multipage documents
- scan and save utility (file formats: jpeg, pdf, png, pnm, ps, tiff, txt)
- scan and view
- copy utility
- fax utility
- email utility
- supported platforms:
- Unix (Linux, IRIX, AIX, …)
- OS/2 version with X11
- Windows 9x/NT/2000 network scanning version