This cool solution lets you get a report on all ZENworks administrators and their privileges/rights within ZENworks.
Configuring ZCM server:
- Download and extract the RightsReportRelatedChanges.zip
- On ZENworks Server, stop ZENServer.
- Copy the file rightswebservice.war(available in RightsReportRelatedChanges.zip) to the location.
- Linux: /opt/novell/zenworks/share/tomcat/webapps
- Windows: %zenworks_home%/share/tomcat/web-apps/
- Start ZENserver.
Configuring ZENworks Reporting Server:
- Stop ZENworks Reporting Server. Please refer to: https://www.novell.com/documentation/zenworks113/zen11_zrs_installation/data/b9k8or5.html#b15jn0td
- Copy applicationContext-adminCDS.xml to /opt/novell/zenworks- reporting/js/apache-tomcat/webapps/jasperserver-pro/WEB-INF
- Copy admin-datasource.jar to /opt/novell/zenworks-reporting/js/apache- tomcat/webapps/jasperserver-pro/WEB-INF/lib
- Start ZR5 Server. Please refer to: https://www.novell.com/documentation/zenworks113/zen11_zrs_installation/data/b9k8or5.html#b15jn0td
- Copy and extract export.zip file(available in RightsReportRelatedChanges.zip) on Zenworks Reporting Server.
- Open the file admin_datasource.xml from the extracted path <extracted- dir>\export\resources\organizations\organization_1\datasources
- In the admin_datasource.xml fill the values for:
- Server: ZCM server IP address.
- Port: non SSL port. default:80
- User Name: Super admin user name of the ZCM server.
- Password: Super admin user password.
- Open terminal and go to /opt/novell/zenworks-reporting/js/buildomatic and import report using jaspersoft import command.
- Linux: ./js-import.sh –input-dir <extracted-dir>/export –update
- Windows: js-import.bat –input-dir=<extracted-dir>\export –update
- Log in to ZR5 and find the Rights Report under public folder.
- For security reasons, delete folder extracted in step ‘6’ as password saved in admin_datasource.xml is in clear text.
On running the rights report under public folder, various administrators that are created and their corresponding roles and rights will be displayed like the below screenshot.