What is this
This small tool will give you the following advantages:
- No need to unregister from the zone, before resealing the workstation
- No more messing around with various ZAC commands
- Your workstations will always have the latest version of the agent, that your infrastructure supports, when reinstalled
The tool require that .Net is included with the base image, since the tool will not download the complete version of the agent, since that is a huge little bugger, due to the .Net runtime.
How it works
When launched, it will do the following:
- Detect the version of the OS
- Detect the architecture of the processor (32 or 64 bit)
- Detect, if you want to download and install the client, or simply just download it
- Detect, if you want to use the standalone or the network based version
- Detect if you specified a specific download path, and if not, the current users temp directory (%TEMP%) will be used
- Detect, if you want to reboot after installing the agent. (Default is not to reboot)
- Contact a list of ZCM servers or satellites that you select, and download the ZCM agent.
- The first server on the list that responds, it will use
- The list can contain from 1 to 5 servers
Regardless of what agent is downloaded, it will be named PreAgentPkg_Agent.exe
Note that the user running this tool must be a local administrator on the workstation.
Simply launch the tool without any parameters to see the list of parameters.
Have fun, and remember…….
This is a free tool, and as such, no support or claims can be made here…..Use at your own risk.
/Tommy, IT Quality – Denmark
See you on Novell Forums.