ZENworks Diagnostic Center (ZDC) performs a series of diagnostic tests on ZCM Primary Servers and determines the state of the Primary Servers and the Management zone. Currently, ZDC provides the following three verifiers:
- ZENworks System Files Verifier: This verifier verifies the existence and consistency of critical system files required by ZENworks Configuration Management.
- ZENworks Database Schema Verifier: This verifier validates the correctness of the schema (tables, indexes, database procedures, etc) of the database used by ZENworks Configuration Management.
- ZENworks Content Verifier: This verifier validates the existence and consistency of the contents hosted on the current Primary Server.
Some of the verifiers compare the baseline data that is collected from known good deployments with the data of the deployment whose health has to be determined. The baseline data for each release of ZCM from version 10.2.0 onwards will be published by Novell.
Downloading and Extracting ZDC on the Primary Server
a) On the Primary Server, download the attached “zdc_0.5_beta.zip” and extract it to a temporary folder. Assume that you extracted the zip file to $ZDC_HOME
b) Depending upon the ZENworks 10 Configuration Management version that has been currently deployed on the Primary Server, download the appropriate ZDC file that contains the baseline data to the “$ZDC_HOME/data” folder.
a) At Primary Server’s command prompt, go to the $ZDC_HOME folder.
b) Run the appropriate command:
On Windows: 'zdc.bat verify -b <path of the ZDC file>'
On Linux: 'bash zdc verify -b <path of the ZDC file>'
For example, zdc.bat verify -b C:\zdc\data\zcm_10_2_0.zdc
ZDC will run the diagnostic tests and generate the reports in the HTML format at the “$ZDC_HOME/reports/<date_time>” folder. If any inconsistency is found, it will be indicated on the screen and the details will be available in the reports. To view the reports, open “index.html” from the report folder. The complete log of the diagnostic tests is stored in “$ZDC_HOME/logs/<date_time>.log”.
Note: This is the beta version of the tool. It might report false inconsistencies, especially for ZENworks system files, which may not necessarily indicate an actual problem.
With Contributions From
- P Silpa – Lead Test Engineer, Novell, Inc.
- Deepthi Lakshmi – Test Engineer, Novell, Inc.
- Lakshmi R – Lead Technical Writer, Novell, Inc.
- Divya T – Dev Engineer, Novell, Inc.
File name: zdc_0.5_beta_20100113.zip
File name: zdc_zcm_10.2.0.zip
File name: zdc_zcm_10.2.1.zip
File name: zdc_zcm_10.2.2.zip
Files updated on August 04, 2010
File name: zdc_0.6_20100804.zip
Description: ZDC tool updated to version 0.6
File name: zdc_zcm_10.3.0_zdcv0.6_0.zip
Description: Baseline pattern file for ZCM 10.3.0 (to be used with ZDC 0.6)
File name: zdc_zcm_10.3.1_zdcv0.6_0.zip
Description: Baseline pattern file for ZCM 10.3.1 (to be used with ZDC 0.6)