Back by popular demand in ZENworks Configuration Management 10SP3 is the ability to customize the Z icon. This was a feature that was in ZENworks 7 that customers voiced their interest in seeing in ZENworks Configuration Management. ZENworks Configuration Management 10sp3 includes the ability to customize all aspects of the system tray icon, from default icon, refresh icons and update icon! I have included a sample icon, refresh animation and update icon.
Steps to Change the default icon, refresh animation and update icon:
- Create default system tray icon
icon must be 32 x32 pixel 256 Colors and named “Application.ico”
- Create refresh animation icons
icons must be 32 x32 pixel 256 Colors and named “refresh_xx.ico”
xx = 01 and go up to 99
- Place icons in /ZENworks/bin/icons/Zicon
- Restart ZENNotifyicon.exe (or restart workstation)
- Can be delivered by a simple file install bundle in ZENworks Configuration Management!
- Set the up update watcher icon location in the ZENworks Control Center
under Configuration – Device Managment – System Update Agent