Several people had complained that time was off by an hour on their GroupWise server. After checking several servers, we found three that changed DST time over the weekend. I checked numerous other as also. It only was an issue on the three servers mentioned. All of the servers had the DSTSHIFT run on them in the spring, and they updated DST in the spring OK.
The symptom is that when typing “time” at the server prompt, the time will show in sync, and the start of DST will display properly, but the end of DST will show the last Sunday in October, and the current time will be an hour behind. Also, the time settings will show October in Monitor settings. The problem was caused in the Autoexec on all three servers. They showed the proper info for start and stop dates for DST (Mar and Nov), but each had an entry at the end which said to end DST on the last Sunday of October. It looks like for some reason the three servers mentioned had multiple instances of setting the end of DST to “Oct Last Sunday”. When the patch was applied in the spring, it rem’d out only the first instance.
The resolution of this is to remove the second reference to setting the end time to October. Then, either reboot or:
1. Type the following at the command line:
set end of daylight savings time = (November Sunday First 2:00 AM)
2. Restart timesync in monitor.
#set start of daylight savings time = (April Sunday First 2:00 AM) set start of daylight savings time = (March Sunday Second 2:00 AM) #set end of daylight savings time = (October Sunday Last 2:00 AM) set end of daylight savings time = (November Sunday First 2:00 AM) ##@#miscellaneous info set end of daylight savings time = (October Sunday Last 2:00 AM)