This article describes the Media Upgrade of OES 11 to OES 11 SP1 on Citrix XenServer.
Clone the machine which you want to upgrade (full clone)
- Add a new Virtual machine (OES-UPGRADE).
- In finish page uncheck the start new VM automatically.
- Select the newly created VM.
- Click on the storage tab of it.
- Detach the old hard disk from the original VM on which you want to update.
- Click on Newly created VM guest(OES-UPGRADE) and click on storage tab and click Attach. Storage window will get displayed with all detached hard disks . Click on the correct hard disk detached from the original VM and attach to the newly created VM
- Do check read only to be set to NO.
- Go to Citrix XenServer host and type the following command to start the upgrade process.
- Enter the following command on the command prompt.
- vm-disk-list vm=<new created vm>eg: vm-disk-list vm=OES_UPGRADE
- Command to list the parameters
- xe vbd-param-list uuid=<VBD uuid>eg : xe vbd-param-list uuid=00f7d945-fe54-f00f-6177-37737446956b
- Set the Bootable parameter to False by entering the following command
- xe vbd-param-set uuid=<VBD uuid> bootable=falseeg : xe vbd-param-set uuid=00f7d945-fe54-f00f-6177-37737446956b bootable=false
The output of the parameter list is displayed in the below screenshot
- Boot the newly created VM and start the up gradation process.